Campus ROS for Marvell packet processor based devices
with support of Marvell eDSA stacking capabilities.
Carrier grade features
- Layer 2 extensive switching
- Layer 3 Diverse routing protocol support
- Support for POE+ with extensive power budget management
- Dual Power Supply support
- Management Interfaces
- System health monitoring and alarms
- DDoS protection
- SDN – Openflow
- Industrial devices and technologies support
Enterprise level Network Operating System
- Built for an enterprise campus with more than a decade of sales by Tier-1 switch producers.
- Full set of network features for Enterprise and Industrial use as well
- Authentication and Authorization with Enterprise security and protection
- Full management with WEB UI
- Cross device Stacking
- Open Architecture
- Linux inside switch CPU (Debian/Ubuntu)
- All ROS functions as Linux process
- Support of any linux compatible devices, binary kernel modules supported.
- Virtual interfaces to flow traffic switch<->linux
- Internal virtual loopback to allow switch control
- Simple setup with configuration files
- Works on ARM and x86
OpenROS system provides user ability to develop and run customized applications side-by-side with the ROS system. These applications can use standard Linux interfaces to send/intercept network traffic from the switch ports, get access to special means to process RAW traffic through Linux Sockets and can use all means of management to control switch behaviour.
Ability to preprocess (filter/select) traffic on the switch to reduce the possible load on the CPU.
Unidirectional sending of selected network traffic to a user application through LINUX- TAP interface and/or LINUX SOCKET bidirectional traffic exchange between selected port/vlan and user application through Linux TAP interface.
TCP/IP-connectivity between switch OOB stack and user application, using dedicated point-to-point Linux TUN interface.
OpenROS runs as a process inside Linux,on the switch CPU (internal, or integrated), where Packet Processor is either connected with PCIe interface.